Friday, July 3, 2009

Buses and Fanny Packs

Honestly I cannot remember what I did Wednesday (the days run together (I should have done a better job of keeping up (I think we helped Josh again (big job)))). We did go to class with the adults. There was one very unique aspect about class that I appreciated: Jorge was going through the (often heard by me) talk about the members of the body and how they are different but all helpful. What he did was he asked each person individually and directly, "What are you doing for the church?" At first this may sound a bit off because of its directness, but maybe we need to be more direct with each other. There were some lighthearted comments made which were fine for the situation but by taking time to address each person it really set the thought in each persons mind. After class MK and I walked down to the bus station to check the bus schedule (check not buy a ticket since he lost his travelers fanny pack belt thing that had all of his pesos (he still had his american)). We found a bus at 8:30 am the next day. We walked back to the church, Jorge said I'll front you the money, so we walked back and bought a ticket. We met Latisha at her inlaws house and made it home.
I took some time to call all of the adolescents in my group to remind them about the movie the next day. I called Toti and also asked him to look for MK's belt (we stayed at their house the first night). I finished calling the kids when the phone rang; it was Gerardo; they had found the belt. MK was very surprise (he had resigned to the fact it was gone). I went to bed with the intention of going with him and Jorge to the bus station. That was my intention....

No comments:

Post a Comment