Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jesus is the Carpenter not Me

Tuesday:

Woke up on time (even had breakfast), met with Josh and ate sweet bread and drank coffee; started work around 10. We have begun to get more tedious and precise work that goes much more slowly. We are filling in the gaps between the walls and the ceiling (a space of about a foot and a half). Josh charged me with making a frame on which we would hang sheetrock while he went to get some necessary tools. I grabbed the tape, the board and the saw and got to work. I put a pretty descent looking frame in the gap, good and tight, level and everything. I started in on the next gap making more cuts when Josh came back. To bad I didn't notice there were some 2x3's in the same stack as the 2x4's. So we (and by we I mean Josh) redid the frames. Didn't bother Josh at all but I was pretty embarrassed and disappointed. I spent an hour and we had to take another half hour to fix it. Oh well, I guess you learn to build by cutting a lot of wood. I went and lifted at the deportivo. Strained my hamstring doing lunges, so I went to swim after I finished (even though I didn't have time). I swam for about 20 minutes but that was enough to loosen up my back and hamstring. I felt 100x's better after swimming. I went down to Cafe Apan and had a delicious Carmel Frappechino then caught a bus to the church. I joined many of the ladies from church cutting out craft pieces for the upcoming VBS. Mrs. Moran and I went and ate dinner at Hotel California and chatted about a number of different things. I am now at the house, caught up, and ready for tomorrow. almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment