Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Smelly Raccoon

6/30

Monday is a Sabbath day; a day to rest and plan, the gym is closed and Jorge doesn’t plan anything on Monday. I slept in as best I could, but didn’t quite feel as rested as I had hoped. We had breakfast together. Later MK and I walked down to the plaza at Tule and found a restaurant to eat lunch. It was quite good and filling; we returned in time for our assignment: operation babysit. Jorge and Latisha celebrated 13 years of marriage, and went out to dinner and coffee. Aaron made us some pancakes at the house after we took an excursion to town to buy some snacks. I commanded the young ones to shower (because of an encounter earlier that afternoon I had with Em’y in which we both agreed that she was a smelly raccoon). I made some chocolate pudding, we desserted and the deserted. Em’y to bed, and Aaron, MK and I watched the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark during an impressive (and daily/nightly) thunderstorm. The parents arrived and I headed for the bed. Typing a bit before dozing off I red-lined when a bolt of lightning streaked across the sky right over the house followed by a thunderclap that echoed across the mountains. It took a solid thirty-five minutes to come back down after that one and honestly I didn’t sleep very well at all.

1 comment: