Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Final First Day

I woke up with an incredibly sore throat (either to be contribute to the incredible vocal range I demonstrated the night before or just the cold air). We went to breakfast at a market where we bought sweet bread, strawberry yogurt, and hot chocolate. Oh, and did I mention that Lulu had bought and prepared the chapulines? Well she did, so I had a tortilla full of fried grasshoppers to go with my hot chocolate; breakfast of champions. We went to church and had a good time. At breakfast I had talked to Jose about the Lord Supper and told him a few of the reason we take it. I invited him to join us in partaking if he would like to. He again asked me if he should after the bread was prayed for and I told he should do what he wants because he's already remembering Jesus with us right now so...
We had class where I tried to say something meaningful but didn't feel very convinced afterward. We talked about prospective plans for my last week here; they pitched some good ideas but it's up to me to figure out the logistics.
We broke and the kids decided to follow me around for the day. My plans were to follow the H group around, so we went to lunch but I order some juice for my group since some had eaten and most didn't want to eat at a place that was so fancy. So we drank our juice and went to the park.
At the park we played a stirring game of tag after having a few races around the fountain. We goofed around for a few hours, finally sitting down to have a tlayuda. It was delicious being seasoned with a large helping of ravenous hunger. We said goodbye to a few in the group as it reached the fourth hour of the noon, but the rest took to the street to walk to a home close to the theatre. After much time on foot we arrived only to have me sneeze comenzing the most impressive nosebleed I have displayed in quite some time. At this time I am still not feeling to hot, sore throat, nose and headache. We wait for a short while and the hike to the theatre to join some of the jovenes to catch a flick. The theatre is way crowded so after a short talk in English with a guy from LA with tattoos on his face and hands (yeah, he was working security, thought I was a preacher, weird huh?) we went (drove, thank goodness) to another and opted to watch Ice Age III in Spanish. At this point I am so stupid tired and not feeling right that I really didn't argue (not that I would have otherwise). I survived the 3rd Ice Age and was glad to return (by car) to the church. I met Jorge there and went to his mom's house to pick up the rest of the family.
After show grandma the 16 minute video of the VBS photos (I should have made it shorter) we finally meandered out the door and into the car. I put my head against the door and closed my eyes. When I got home I took three ibuprofen and went to sleep with no guarantee as to what time I would get up.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well. No doubt it was the fried grasshoppers. I don't feel well after just reading you ate them. Anyway I have loved reading your blogs every day. You are very entertaining. (Kimberly's Grandma)

    ReplyDelete