Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Whistler and his Mother

I went to work with the boss today; we are probably a few days shy of completion. I'm glad to have been able to help him in this project. I've learned a bit and that's both helpful and motivating. I went and worked out for a couple of hours (bike, core, machine circuit, agilities, and swimming). I forwent the cold coffee in favor of a couple of tortas at the caseta. Gerardo and his wife had just pulled up to help close up shop. We talked for a bit (between mouthfuls of chorriqueso and Pepsi). I went to the church then to help cut out more of the future craft material for VBS. The kids (Aaron and Em'y as well as their friend Jonathan) made paper airplanes. Everytime Jonathan (who is about waist high with glasses and a baseball cap) would throw his plane he would whislte until it hit the floor (or a pew). It was fairly entertianing to observe the development of a skill that is crucial for all things in this culture. His mother actually let me do the very slightest bit of sewing as well. We got back to the house late and had pancakes. I can't tell if my eyes are burning from fatigue or the chlorine from the pool (probably both).

Note: I almost got hit by an ambulance yesterday. It would not have been a fatal blow but enough to leave me with a bad opinion about Mexican healthcare. They were pulling out of parking lot and I was entering the parking lot (walking). They were coming to a stop to check traffic but I'm pretty sure the driver began to apply the brake before his foot left the accelerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment