Friday, July 17, 2009

Free at Last.... Free at Last

Today was the last day of VBS; we had a singing session followed by the photo video and inflatable games. There were hot dogs and handout at the end. It was really neat to have all of the parents there to see the kids enjoying themselves so much. I hope this VBS will lead to further opportunities to know and share with these families.
Afterward the group (Harding) asked me what the plan was (as if I ever know). So I said let's go to the Llano (a park) where there is a market on Friday's. After 2 more meetings and 2 trips to the bank we (Jeff and I) made our way to the park (the rest are big kids and can do what they want (their trip right?(I'll help if they need(or ask)))). Jeff and I had some bangerang tacos that were grilled with a tall cold glass of horchata. We putz around the park, I found my little brother (yeah little) a special something at one of the shops. We ran into Larrr, Linda, and Krystal but the other 4 (who went to the bank the second time) were nowhere to be found. They went to eat and we went for coffee. So we hopped on a bus and waited 50 minutes as we weaved around town to try and get past a large blockade as well as avoid the incredible traffic that magically dissipated at on point (very strange). We got the keys to the church, two frappechinos, and made it back only 15 minutes late (not bad for a Mexican weaving through traffiic and blockades).
We made a futbol rapido court on a cement slap with the table tops used as walls. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The jovenes were there as well as my adolescent group. The H group showed up and some played but some were too tired (Americans.... (I've been trying to redeem the name since I've been here but..... oh well)). We burned more wood (it's what we do in Arkansas), had marshmellows and Pepsi (separate). It was a really good time. I can see the kids beginning to really look forward to and enjoy time together (and it really is not attatched to me (which is awesome)). After a taxi ride with 6 in a compact car I am now home skipping dinner, and looking forward to the next and final part of my day very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment