Friday, July 3, 2009

I don't know what to call this one

Woke up, made eggs and ground beef, goes great with salsa, tortillas, and a glass of water. Met Josh and went to work. Jorge joined us and we made a lot of progress by the end of the day. We came back to the house close to 5 in enough time for me chat with Kimberly for minute, take a shower and eat a tuna fish (I say a I mean 3) tostada.
Jorge and I then drove to church to meet with kids for class. Toti, Luis, Lili, and Abi were there. We did a blindfolded obstacle course where 3 were giving bad directions and one was giving good directions. The lesson in point being hearing the voice. The next activity involved a little rhytm clapping to illustrate the need to be in harmony with what God's got going on in the world today, the church body, and your working inside of God's will. We must be sensitive as it changes and fluctuates from loud to soft from fast to slow.
These activities called back to the previous Friday's talk about the balance of teaching and work that Jesus had. The obstacle course was about knowing so well the teachings of Jesus that we can easily distinguish his voice in our crowded lives. The rhythm referred to Jesus work as His timing was the Father's timing and His will was in submission to God's will.
After that we (and by we I mean I) discussed the notes I had taken about the movie. I really went down the list, recalled the situation and revisited the characters responses, from that I talked about things we can glean: positive character attributes, good decision, poor decision (and why they are poor), themes, and relationships, motives, and openess. I thought this was a great excercise, one from which I benefitted. It makes watching a movie actually worth something. We talked about upcoming events and our time was up.
Now I am caught up. I have to lift weights tomorrow, work with Josh, maybe go play at the park with the kids, and prepare my lesson for class Sunday. I might try and sleep tonight though, but maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment